Header Ads

Why I’m Skipping Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party This Year

Ah, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! I have quite the fondness for this party. The costumes, the treats, the spooky music, Boo to You, the rare characters — what’s not to love, right?

Main Street U.S.A. at night

And while I love it, I have decided to skip the party this year for one specific reason.

So, I have a little one and we are taking him to Disney World for the very first time this year! We took him to Disneyland for his very first Disney trip and it was a BLAST. Difficult (if ya know, ya know). But totally worth it! And now, this year, we are going to tackle Disney World.

Click here to subscribe

Originally, we had planned an October trip to Disney World so we could attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. I was so looking forward to dressing up as a family, I wanted to get pics and autographs from all of the rare characters, and I just knew that he’d love Boo to You!

It’s Halloween!

But here’s the thing — my little won’t even be two years old when we go to Disney World. And if you have a little one, you know how unpredictable they can be, especially in new situations. The people, the parks, and the sounds can be very exciting for kiddos but they can also be very overstimulating. To combat this, a bit we were originally planning to do the party the first night we were at the parks. I thought that this would help because my little won’t already be super tired and fussy from a long week. I also was going to just have him wear a Ghost Host t-shirt to compliment mine and my husband’s Haunted Mansion costumes so he wouldn’t be uncomfortable and hot. It seemed like the perfect plan! But then pricing was released and I changed my mind completely.

Powerline Max

I used to be a Cast Member and I have worked at DFB for over 5 years. So I knew that the party was going to be expensive. But for my little family of 3 it was going to be almost $350 (and that’s with my little one getting into the party for free). So, I had a hard talk with my husband and we came to the conclusion that we were going to skip the party this year. Here’s why.

Ultimately, the party is LATE for our little one. Florida is already going to be an hour ahead in terms of time for us and it lasts until midnight. We don’t know if he is simply going to fall asleep in the stroller or if he is going to be super fussy because he’s sleepy and can’t get comfortable. I can’t imagine paying over $300 to go to the party and needing to leave at 8 or 9.

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Also, he’s so young that he doesn’t know the difference between just being at Disney World and going to a party like this one. So we decided to save that $300 for something more memorable and exciting on our trip. Now, we are going to get his hair cut at the Barber Shop and we are going to eat at Crystal Palace for breakfast so he can try churro waffles and meet Pooh and Friends!! I literally can’t wait to see the photos!

And luckily, we can still feel the Halloween vibes on our trip without going to the party. Magic Kingdom will still be decorated. Disney World will sell Halloween-themed treats during the day. And there will be a slew of Halloween merchandise across the parks. So while I feel bummed that we are missing out on the party, I’m super thankful that we will still get to feel the fun spooky Disney Halloween vibes on our trip.

Halloween decorations at Disney World

If you are planning to take your little one to Disney World this year and are going to visit the party, we suggest taking a break earlier in the day so your little feels nice and refreshed! Go in with an open mind and know that you might not be able to tackle everything on your list. And most of all, have FUN!!! Time is so fleeting so even if it doesn’t go exactly as planned, it will make for a wonderful memory in the long run! <3

Want to know more about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Get all the details here.

IT'S SPOOK-TACULAR!


Get ready for the spookiest season of the year at Disney World! We are beyond thrilled to announce the arrival of our brand-new guide -- Halloween at Disney World: DFB's Spook-tacular Guide!

From the thrills of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party to the enchanting resort decorations that'll send shivers down your spine, our guide is packed with tips and tricks to help you squeeze every ounce of ghoulish fun out of your visit. Plus, we've got the inside scoop on all the limited-time-only bone-chilling activities happening across the parks!

Get the Halloween at Disney World: DFB's Spook-tacular Guide to make your frightfully delightful adventure even more magical!

Are you going to Disney World for Halloween this year? Let us know in the comments below.

The post Why I'm Skipping Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party This Year first appeared on the disney food blog.



from the disney food blog https://ift.tt/eOxJyZW

No comments