Header Ads

Review! We Tried the “Cheetos” Hot Dog in Magic Kingdom!

When I told you about August’s Hot Diggity Dog of the Month at Casey’s Corner in Magic Kingdom  I, just like a lot of you, was intrigued. I just had to try this unconventional, cheesy concoction out for you! So at After Hours the other night, I did just that!

Casey’s Corner

This month’s Dog is for all of you fellow cheese lovers out there! The Cheesy Hot Diggity Dog is your choice of a regular or foot-long topped with Cheddar and Queso, and then I’ll say garnished with “Seasoned Cheese Puffs!”

Cheesy Hot Diggity Dog at Casey’s Corner

This feature had me at “Cheesy” and pulled me in more with “Cheddar”, and then “Queso”. As if this cheesy goodness wasn’t enough, they guaranteed I’d come visit with the promise of “Cheese Puffs”. Now some people I know told me they couldn’t fathom this. I could fathom it and couldn’t wait.

Cheesy Hot Diggity Dog at Casey’s Corner

I ordered the regular size and you can see it certainly is slathered in Queso and Cheddar and has a generous serving of Cheese Puffs.  I was ready to dive into this baby.

Cheesy Dog ©Disney

As you can see my Dog did match the marketing photos put out by Disney, so reality meets expectations as far as looks. So before trying the dog as a whole, I grabbed a puff from the top. I noticed the cheese puffs were stale and off-brand. Now, we are never promised Cheetos, but I was kind of surprised at the sogginess with these.

But charging ahead I took a bite of the whole dog…and I was impressed! I don’t understand it EITHER. Maybe it’s the creamy spiciness of the queso or the combo with the savory hot dog and cheddar; but altogether the dish was more than the sum of its parts and I really did enjoy it.

I asked a manager about the staleness of the cheese puffs and she said they are aware of this issue and they are working on keeping them crisp, but the humidity of the kitchen is really causing a problem. Sounds like this is an issue that was unforeseen in the design of the dish.

Would I recommend this? If you are a cheese fan and want to try something unique (and Instagram-able) dive in.  If you are a Cheetos purist you might want to sit this one out.

Casey’s Corner is located on Main Street, U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom. Will you be trying the Cheesy Dog this month? Please let us know with a comment!

Find out about ALL the food on Main Street in our DFB YouTube Video!

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

Don’t Miss Out on the ALL the Best Snacks Walt Disney World Has to Offer!

Get four awesome e-Books FULL of Disney park dining advice, bundled for 30% off the already discounted price! Yep, we’ve scoured the parks to find any and all snack choices — from the mundane to the spectacular — and we tell you all about them (with full-color pictures!) in our snack guides! These are updated every year, so you know your guide will be perfect for your upcoming trip, and they’re bundled with our DFB Guide to WDW Dining!

2018 DFBandSnacksBundle

This money-saving bundle includes all of the following:

All four are being sold together — for 30% off the already hugely discounted bundle price. Use code BUNDLE18 at check out to get the discount. It’s a $63 value for under $30!!

With this Bundle of e-books you’ll have everything you need at your fingertips to plan the best Disney World vacation ever. And with our handy e-book format, you can download the Guides to all of your electronic devices and take them with you wherever you go!

And with our 100% money-back guarantee, what do you have to lose?

 



from the disney food blog https://ift.tt/2B9tc3y

No comments